Monday, May 25, 2009

Finding Nemo

We went snorkeling in a protected cay of the Great Barrier Reef. Right in front of us was the wilderness Hook Island Resort. It looked like a great place to stay,
It was a cloudy day so the water was not incredibly clear, but what a world underneath the water. We saw every color of fish and purple coral undulating in the waves. Nicole spotted a sea turtle that was so busy feeding he didn’t mind being observed with a bunch of people wearing flippers.
I saw several small fish with human teeth. What shocker! The fellows on the boat didn’t know what I saw so I have done some internet sleuthing. I believe that it is called a Pacu. I found this link that is close to what I saw, only much, much smaller. I think in one of my next lives I want to be a marine biologist because I think the GBR is a little bit like heaven.